Hop School is back in Session!
YES, we are still running Hop School
[ even though the Farm Taproom is closed…stay tuned for our next chapter! ]
Join us to learn about Ruhstaller’s history, the history of hop cultivation, how we grow beer, and to have a hand in helping us grow hops.
Hop School 2016 classes will occur on 12 Saturdays at 7am, featuring 6 stages. Each stage occurs on back to back Saturdays.
To gain a full experience on the farm, we recommend taking one class in the first 3-4 stages, and then returning for harvest.
Includes: 1 beer, 1 hop school hat, and a $10 donation to the Center for Land Based Learning
Location: Ruhstaller Farm & Yard – 8949 Olmo Lane Dixon, CA 95620 (off the I-80 at exit 69, Kidwell Road)
Time: 7am – noon
Hop School Schedule (held on Saturdays):
Stage 1 – Pruning – April 2nd & April 9th
Stage 2 – Stringing – April 30th & May 7th
Stage 3 – Training – May 28th & June 4th
Stage 4 – Training – June 25th & July 2nd
Stage 5 – Pre-Harvest – July 30th & August 6th
Stage 6 – Harvest – August 27 & September 3rd
– Tuition is non-refundable
– Classes are limited to 20 students, so register early!
– The hands-on portion of class will include working on the Ruhstaller Hop Yard. We highly recommend you wear a wide-brimmed hat, a light-weight long-sleeved shirt, long pants, work-boots and gloves. Bring plenty of water and extra sunscreen. The field can be muddy, the hoppies are scratchy and the sun gets strong.
– Children are welcome to attend class with a parent or guardian. But please keep in mind that many activities and tools are not suitable for young children.
– Class is for humans only, no pups, please.